Friday, August 3, 2007

It's the start of something....

I leave Ontario in just over a week. My summer is almost done. It's time to return to Manitoba. Return to a place I cherish, people I love, and winters that leave something else to be desired. It's a strange feeling that I have...not sure how to describe it.

The last few weeks I have felt this huge craving in my soul. One that I have felt for many years, but am now feeling it more than ever. The craving for an adventure. The craving to escape the ordinary routine of life. The craving for something else....something more. Maybe that's why this summer feels strange, because it is the start of that something else....possibly something more. Time will tell what that something else is, what that something more is....or if there is even something more for me.

For many years that something more has manifested itself in a desire to just go. I want to simply get a car (or van) and just go...see where I end up...see who I meet...see what I do....see what I see. I can't shake this desire. I can't shake this craving. I simply can't. Maybe one day I will do it (hopefully next summer), or maybe one day I will lose the desire, or maybe it's just a manifestation of how I want to live my life...I don't know. All I know is that I want something much more than this life I am living. I want an adventure with God at the reigns...I want something more.

2 comments:

lee said...

hit the road, my friend. man, i would love to do that sometime. just know that theres always a place for you if you head through saskatoon.
cheers bro,
lee

The Jonovision said...

I hear you my drifting friend. That's been my life for the past 8 years (at least for chunks of it if not all the time) There is something rewarding for the soul about just going, or drifting as I call it...going somewhere until you are ready to stop. Life and God can take you to strange and rewarding places. So my advice as always is to drift, and maybe God will give you direction, or maybe you will just go where ever. My experience is that both are rewarding for the soul.