Friday, July 6, 2007

This is it. This is the new blog. It's new for several reasons. The big one was that I needed a change. I no longer wanted to keep my old blog going (NOTE: I will keep it for my personal nostalgia). I started that blog when I was 17 years old and leaving for college for the first time. It seems like almost a lifetime ago. I am now a college graduate and have been hired by the school that I attended. It's a new phase of life and one that will bring it's new challenges. And with new challanges comes a new mindset. This new mindset is the reasons that I have started this new blog. I want to start fresh. I want to make a new beginning.

I want to use this space to say something. I want to share little pieces of myself, since sharing my entire self in tihs space would be impossible. I want to share my thoughts, my passions, my struggles, my pains, etc. But mostly I want to be able to use this space to share what God is teaching me. This is for two reasons:

1) to keep record for myself what God has been doing in/through/to me. I want to be able to look back and see what God has been doing, because he is always doing something.
2) to have a place to share. I believe that God wants us to share with others what He is teaching us. Therefore, I want to share.

It seems like there are a lot of things that I want to accomplish with this blog. Maybe I won't be able to do it, but I can try...and so I will. Here we go, lets get started.

2 comments:

The Burdman said...

Best of luck with your blogging endeavor Mr. Shantz. I will be sure to read it and comment sporadically.

Chris H said...

Welcome to Blogspot. Much nicer than xanga, I think. Hard to believe you'll have an office, eh?